Hardy on an Aspire 7520

Patrick Jungbluth pjungbluth at googlemail.com
Sun May 4 08:55:18 UTC 2008

Hello everybody,

just doing my first steps under linux in general and ubuntu in special.
I installed on an Acer Aspire 7520 most of the stuff was working from the
beginning, the wireless lan was easy to get running with a little help from
the forum.

but i still have a few problems that i hope to figure out.
I posted the same questions in the forum but got no replay so i try it here
now.

1. while the build in web cam is working right out of the box i can not get
the mic working. how do i do that?

2. i can neither use hybernate nor standby. both of them bring me back to a
text console and then the laptop seem to be frozen all i can do is hard
switch it of and afterwards ubuntu is booting from zero. any fix?

edit: just figured out its not freezing, i can still switch consoles and
after logging in in another console and doing "startx" i can get the gnome
desktop back, but wlan is disabled and i can not swich it on again and the
"power button" in the upper right corner is not working anymore

3. is there any way to get the additional hardware keys (mail, internet,
wlan on/off and so on to work?

other things are a bit more application specific and i think it would be
better to open another thread for that.

well thats all for the moment, if anything else comes up i will post