Radio not working with PVR-350 and Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop

Arpotu arpotu at apathynews.com
Fri May 2 16:06:14 UTC 2008

Hello All,

I installed a PVR-350 card yesterday, which includes an FM radio tuner.
It defines itself as /dev/radio0, and I can use Gnomeradio to tune around
the dial.  Only problem is - I can't hear the audio.  I can see the signal
strength change on the Gnomeradio GUI as I move around the dial, which
tells me the signal is coming in properly.

I've changed the "output" in Gnomeradio to various devices, all with the
same non-effect.

Audio works just fine with my music and movies, so there's not an ID-10T
problem with the mute button ;-)

Anyone seen this or similar?

Cheers,
Arpotu