http://youtube.com/watch?v=fDmp967UMds

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 30 19:26:27 UTC 2008

--- Erich Jansen <erich at stoptouchingmethere.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 11:19 -0700, Leonard
> Chatagnier wrote:
> > --- Erich Jansen <erich at stoptouchingmethere.com>
> > wrote:

> whatever
> on
> and
> > > not
> play
> > > it.

> > > Well it's youtube so that would be flash that
> you
> > > need to install.
> > >
> > Well Erich, an aptitude search shows I have
> > flashplugin-nonfree, libflash-swfplayer and
> > libflash0c2 installed and a search for
> > flashplayer-nonfree doesn't show anything. Am I
> > missing a repo?
> >
> > Leonard Chatagnier
> > lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
> >

> Just to be certain here, are you running 7.10 amd64
> or are you running a
> 32 bit version? Also if you installed
> flashplugin-nonfree from reps it
> probably didn't work and you will want to download
> the tar.gz file from
> adobe and run the installation program, making sure
> you
> specify /usr/lib/firefox as the install path.

lchata at ubuntu64:/etc/network$ uname -a
Linux ubuntu64 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP Tue Feb 12
02:46:46 UTC 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Looks like 64 bit. I have flashplugin-nonfree,
Version: 9.0.48.0.2+really0ubuntu12.2, automatically
installed and it says "This package will download the
Flash Player from Adobe." It is from the
multiverse/web section.
Apparently, I don't have the Adobe Flash Player
installed though as an aptitude search doesn't show
anything. I'm really new on the 64 bit OS, so please
be specific on what I need to do.
Thanks,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net