REPOST: Wireless Issues - Netgear WG511T

steve sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Sun Mar 30 16:33:22 UTC 2008

David Vincent wrote:
| Chris wrote:

| looks right to me.  ath0 has an ip address and a netmask.  what isn't
| working?  i have atheros based cards which show up in the same manner -
| just don't touch wifi0.  i use networkmanager to config the ath0 device
| but using the network applet under System --> Administration works
fine too.

| can you ping 192.168.15.240?  how about 192.168.15.1 or 192.168.15.254
| (your router might be at either end of your subnet)?
|
| -d

looks the same as my atheros too, with the only difference being under
interfaces, I have

steve at ubuntu-laptop:/etc/network$ cat interfaces

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
#iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto eth1
#iface eth1 inet dhcp

auto eth2
#iface eth2 inet dhcp

auto wlan0
#iface wlan0 inet dhcp

you dont say what version your using though, are you using alpha or beta
hardy like me?  I couldnt get atheros wireless to work with default
kernel in hardy (2.6.24-12)   But .17 and .20 worked fine then, although
magically over the last week .24 now works as intended.

- --
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com