Gutsy Upgrade problem

Rick Knight rick_knight at rlknight.com
Sat Mar 29 22:11:34 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:
> On 03/21/2008 07:46 PM, Rick Knight wrote:
>
>> NoOp wrote:
>>

> Boot back into feisty. Insert the alternate Gutsy cd and re-upgrade:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GutsyUpgrades
>   http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading

NoOp,

I've finally had time to try this, but I've run into a problem. Using
the instructions here
http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2007/10/18/how-to-upgrade-to-ubuntu-710-gutsy-gibbon/
I get no response. When I try to run the same command from those
instructions in a terminal, I get this...

passprompt

[: 23:
7.10: unexpected operator

tar:
/media/Kubuntu: Cannot open
: No such file or directory

tar:
Error is not recoverable: exiting now

tar:
Child returned status 2

tar:
7.10: Not found in archive

tar:
i386/dists/stable/main/dist-upgrader/binary-all//gutsy.tar.gz: Not found
in archive

tar:
Error exit delayed from previous errors

Could not find the upgrade application in the archive, exiting

rick at rick:~$

Can tell me what I've done wrong or point me to some better Upgrade
instructions?

Thanks,
Rick