[OT] Re: Managed to install Ubuntu but a question about Alsa

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sat Mar 29 04:15:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 06:00 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     Mario please PLEASE do not quote me out of context!!!! I did not
> write what is below. You erased the part that is vital and then you
> draw false conclusions. [...]

Sorry if I misrepresented your statement, I just wanted to quote briefly
to focus on what I was replying to. Anyone reading this little exchange
has your full statement in the previous post anyway, but I apologize if
that is not satisfactory, no harm was intended. To quote you fully:

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 15:11 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> I take this from the Blog and rest my case:
>
>        As long as nobody is using the sound card, OSS legacy apps
> continue to work.
>

> Karl
>
> PS: I have several legacy applications that use the sound card.

I seem to have just left out the sentence "I take this from the Blog and rest my case:"

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 06:23 +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 15:11 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> >
> >        As long as nobody is using the sound card, OSS legacy apps
> > continue to work.
> >

> > Karl
> >
> > PS: I have several legacy applications that use the sound card.

Could you clarify how I misunderstood you because of my incomplete
quoting? I don't seem to get it, and I really would like to know.