Mail Notification SSL/TLS support

John L Fjellstad john-ubuntu at fjellstad.org
Fri Mar 28 09:04:42 UTC 2008

Rick Knight <rick_knight at rlknight.com> writes:

> I'm trying to add my Imap mail account to Mail-notiification, but I've
> run into a problem. My IMAP requires Login with SSL/TLS, but SSL/TLS
> support has been disabled in the Mail-notification deb package. Is there
> a way to enable SSL/TLS support?
>
> I'm running Kubuntu 7.10 with Mail-notification 4.1.dfsg.1-2ubuntu1

Well, looking at the description for the package, it tells you to read
README.Debian if you want SSL/TLS support (the file is in
/usr/share/doc/mail-notification, probably).

Another option, if you are not tied to mail-notification is kbiff. Has
same function, works great with KDE, and has no problem with imaps
folders.

--
John L. Fjellstad