Joomla and MediaWiki can't access MySQL Database

Ulf Rompe Ulf.Rompe at icem.com
Thu Mar 27 16:37:38 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, den 27.03.2008, 16:23 +0000 schrieb FreeLUG Sierra Leone:
> I gave them different name without the _db and I used the same
> username and password for all of them.
>
> Joomla and Mediawiki were doing just fine until after when I install
> and configure Wordpress, and then its only Wordpress that is working
> now.

Maybe the wordpress installation restricted the rights of the user. If I
were you, I would inspect the user and db tables to find out:

        mysqldump --skip-opt mysql user
        mysqldump --skip-opt mysql db

If the output doesn't make any sense to you, post it here along with the
names of the databases you used for Joomla and MediaWiki. Someone in the
list (e.g. me) should then be able to supply you with SQL commands to
fix the access rights. Or, at the very least, it will enable us to ask
more precise questions.

[x] ulf

--
Save the whales - Feed the hungry - Free the mallocs