Joomla and MediaWiki can't access MySQL Database

FreeLUG Sierra Leone freelug1592007 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 27 16:23:42 UTC 2008

I gave them different name without the _db and I used the same username and password for all of them.

Joomla and Mediawiki were doing just fine until after when I install and configure Wordpress, and then its only Wordpress that is working now.

musicman <datakid at gmail.com> wrote: I presume you gave each database a different name?

eg:

wordpress_db
joomla_db
mediawiki_db

?

And that the username and password in their respective config files are correct?

cheers
L.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:33 PM, FreeLUG Sierra Leone
 wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I installed Joomla and MediaWiki on my laptop running Ubuntu Gutsy, and I
> was able to successfully access both through my web browser. But after
> installing Wordpress, I can't access Joomla and Mediawiki. It is telling me
> that cannot connect to MySQL database. Only Wordpress can be access
> successfully through the web browser.
>
> What can I do to correct it?
>
> Farrel

Even certified experts know that they don't know what they don't know.