Using a webcam

Carl Friis-Hansen ubuntuuser at carl-fh.com
Sun Mar 23 20:51:59 UTC 2008

Hi Wade,
> > I'm working on a project where I'm writing code to get pictures from a
> > webcam and uploading them to a server for security. I'm experimenting
> > with this Logitech QuickCam but after looking through synaptic for
> > software, nothing really jumped out at me.
> >
> > Any recommendations?
> >
> > Wade
> >

> I would have to say...Cheese
If you have to use webcam, then motion is a great application. Combine
this with some C++, PHP or whatever and you have something that is
tolerable.
I would prefer to use IP cameras. They are a lot more expensive, but
they work well all the time. They have build-in FTP and many of them
have build-in movement detection software.
--
Carl Friis-Hansen