Using a webcam

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 21:52:48 UTC 2008

On 23/03/2008, Wade Smart <wadesmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> 03222008 2019 GMT-6
>
>  I'm working on a project where I'm writing code to get pictures from a
>  webcam and uploading them to a server for security. I'm experimenting
>  with this Logitech QuickCam but after looking through synaptic for
>  software, nothing really jumped out at me.
>
>  Any recommendations?

The software Camorama seems like just what you need.

And if you have trouble getting the webcam to work with Ubuntu, then
PLEASE write to Logitech and let them know that you need Linux support
for their cameras. Logitech is rightfully ignoring the Linux
community, because for some reason Linux users are not telling them
that we need their products to work. We write the ATI, and ATI opened
up their specs last September. Many other companies have followed
suit. Why people are afraid of Logitech I do not know. Here is their
contact page:
http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com