How to change directory and run file batch style command?

semaj semaj semaj3000 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:22:05 UTC 2008

Hello,

I installed a java program on my linux ubuntu 7.10 system but i need to find an easy way to run the program.

What i need to do in the command prompt is change directory to home then to the IBjts folder

cd IBjts

then i want to run the command

java -cp jts.jar:pluginsupport.jar:jcommon-1.0.0.jar:jfreechart-1.0.0.jar:jhall.jar:other.jar:riskfeed.jar:rss.jar -Xmx256M jclient.LoginFrame .

In windows I would just make a simple batch file but i am not sure how to do this in linux.  This is a java program I want to run and if there is a better way of doing this let me know. I just want ot click on the icon and for it to run, Ha.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Jim Koltiska
Akron, Ohio