corporate solutions run on Red Hat not Ubuntu. Thoughts...?

Damien Hull dhull at digital-overload.net
Fri Mar 21 02:02:25 UTC 2008

I'll give CentOS a try.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Mohler" <cr33dog at gmail.com>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:02:52 PM GMT -09:00 Alaska
Subject: Re: corporate solutions run on Red Hat not Ubuntu. Thoughts...?

[...]
>  QUESTIONS
>
>  How do Ubuntu server administrators feel about the lack of Ubuntu support?

I've been using CentOS on my servers for a couple of years - no
support there either, but I have never really needed any.  I've been
meaning to set up an ubuntu server but haven't gotten around to it
yet.

>  Should I switch my servers to Red Hat? I haven't do this because it costs $$$.

Anything designed for RHEL should run on the equivalent version of
CentOS.  So if you wanted to try running an application meant for RHEL
- without purchasing RHEL yet -  you could likely test it out on
CentOS first.

Chris