Flakey ubuntu second mouse support

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Thu Mar 20 21:21:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 20:52 +0000, Jon Grant wrote:
> Hi, I wrote on my web about second mouse leaving the internal mouse
> pad on laptop on (when it should disable). I wonder if anyone had an
> idea how to solve this problem?
>
> http://jguk.org/2008/02/flakey-ubuntu-second-mouse-support.html

I see that you use Kubuntu, I have no clue. In Ubuntu Hardy, you can
disable the touchpad with a checkbox in menu Preferences/Mouse/Touchpad,
but I cannot remember if this was available in earlier releases.

FWIW, I don't agree that it should disable by default, as I frequently
use both. BTW, Windows doesn't do this either, AFAICT. Having the option
would be nice,  I guess