Windows at last

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Mar 20 08:34:16 UTC 2008

Karl,

Karl Larsen wrote:
>     Worth less than a penny but I waited for the Windows XP cd-rom
> loader to format all 160 GB of the SATA hard drive I got working again.
> I unplugged this hard drive so It could not format this too :-)
>
>     It came up working but, it could not find the Internet and the
> screen was format at far less than This ubuntu. I think windows has big
> problems with nVidai too. But my computer can load windows but there can
> not be any other thing on the hard drive.

You will need to load up the Windows drivers for the Nvidia card and
your ethernet card. There is usually a CD with all the necessary drivers
that comes with the box, but failing that you will need to download them
from the manufacturer's web site (the relevant card manufacturer, I mean).

It's something I like about Ubuntu in that you don't have to do this! It
just works out of the box!

Regards,
Tony.

P.S., Posting about Windoze on an Ubuntu mailing list is probably not a
good idea!
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold