[Hardy] Re: Help, its messed up.

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 13 21:07:43 UTC 2008

On 03/13/2008 01:28 PM, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 11:51 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>> This worked for me
>
> There seem to be quite different procedures for recovery depending on
> how/when it broke for a particular user. Fully updated instructions for
> these cases are here:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2008-March/000401.html

It's the same. If you you at the first entry of
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/glibc/+bug/201673
you'll see that it matches
<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2008-March/000401.html>

BTW: Fixed packages (version 2.7-9ubuntu2) are now on archive.ubuntu.com.

But before trying that, and in order to get all the clean updates from
today, I did (and recommend):

sudo apt-get clean (to flush all the corrupted archive files)
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

That worked for me and I'm now back on libc6 2.7-9 and so far seems ok.