Evolution and screen size

Sridhar M.A. mas at mylug.org
Wed Mar 12 12:15:32 UTC 2008

Hello,

Wanted to try hardy-alpha6. Downloaded the iso. As I did not want to
burn a cd and install it, thought o trying it as a VM.

* Tried kvm to run it and got a blank screen. The command I used was

   kvm -cdrom hardy-desktop-i386.iso -boot d

* Tried VirtualBox. could boot and play around. But, could not change
  the screen resolution.

The overall look and feel of the distro is quite good.

I tried running evolution and was frustrated. The window size is bigger
than the screen res and I cannot resize it. The same patter continues
and it is impossible to do anything. Is there a way to get round this
problem? IMHO, this is a bad UI design :-(

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

To teach is to learn twice.
		-- Joseph Joubert