Problems Configuring a Network Printer between 6.06 LTS and 7.10

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 10 21:06:53 UTC 2008

On 03/09/2008 04:47 PM, SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:

> This topic is very interesting for me too, since I am struggling with
> the WL Connection to
> a PP HP LJ 1320 !
>
> In this answer I see some new settings, ie
> the :631/printers/<printername> !
> Normally set with xxx:9100 I already tried with IPP: NO success. ;-(
>
> I can ping to the respective unit and get feedbacks: OK !!
>
> But absolutely NO prints since ever, except connected per PP !
>
> The HW config:
> The PS / Print Server is a WL DLink DP-311P (PP-Box)
>
> Another DLink DP-311P connection a Canon BJc-6100 works like a
> charm !!! ;-D
>
> Are hints and/or suggestions available ???
> TIA and cheers, svobi

I assume by "PP" you are referring to Parallel Port... not some form of
human anatomy :-)

631 is the port used by CUPS (http://www.cups.org/). 9100 is a
printserver/PDL Data Streaming port
(http://members.cruzio.com/~jeffl/sco/lp/printservers.htm).

Perhaps in your case you might need a URI like:

socket://<ipaddress>:9100

Not sure, I'm not familiar with your wireless Parallel Port print server.