nautilus question (possible bug)

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 7 19:07:48 UTC 2008

On 03/07/2008 10:49 AM, Sam Fielder wrote:
> I am trying to create a launcher for a file in my home directory to
> access that folder directly instead of navigating (it is pretty deep)
>  thru home/sam/.
>
> done so far: create launcher url= file:///home/sam/School (this might
> be the problem, but I can't be sure so...)

You created it as a "Location" right? Try editing your properties
(right-click the icon, select Properties, then Link.

Example: file:///home/<username>/tempdir/ works for me with or without
Nautilus being open. If Nautilus open, it opens a new Nautilus window.
If I put a file file:///home/<username>/tempdir/somefile.ods it goes
ahead and launches the file in OOo Calc. If I change to
file:///home/<username>/tempdir/somefile and 'somefile' is a plain text
file it opens the file in gedit.