nautilus question (possible bug)

Sam Fielder srf10130 at vtc.vsc.edu
Fri Mar 7 18:49:06 UTC 2008

I am trying to create a launcher for a file in my home directory to
access that folder directly instead of navigating (it is pretty deep)
thru home/sam/.

done so far:
create launcher url= file:///home/sam/School
(this might be the problem, but I can't be sure so...)

the launcher works fine, but ONLY when I already have a nautilus window
open. If I don't have a window open, it will open /home/sam.

I have also been experiencing problems with opening text files in the
gui, which I suspect is related

what happens in this issue is if I open a file from the launcher (i used
the launcher to open the folder /home/sam/School) gedit opens 'Unsaved
Document 1' which is the default when you open gedit without a file.
BUT, when I navigate thru /home/sam/School directly, it opens as expected.

I don't know what I did. Someone please give me a clue. Or tell me it's
a bug and I will post it or wait for a fix.

thanks,

Sam