e-Mail filtering and details

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 7 17:48:23 UTC 2008

On 03/07/2008 04:10 AM, SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:
> Hi Ubuntu Evolution experts / users
> In Evolution we have a choice of Bogofilter or Spamassassin to fight
> these unwanted junks !
>
> I have set it to SA and do not see any signs that they are checked and
> signed !?
>
> Do I need to do anything more than mark the BF resp SA button ??
>
> Your advice and hints are aprecciated welcome !
>
> Cheers, svobi

If you are using SA, I'd recommend that you make sure and turn off
Bogofilter. While some say that you can run both, there have been issues
in the past with both installed/turned on.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/37878
[bogofilters trumps spamassassin on dapper upgrade]
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/9870
[Better spam filtering for evolution]
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/evolution-project?field.searchtext=junk&orderby=status&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_package=>
etc.

You might find these helpful:
http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ
  http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#Spam.2FJunk