aftermath of an ubuntu installation

Donny George donny008 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 08:58:25 UTC 2008

i am sure it was ntfs

may be i will try mounting it. i think i can use the steps which u had
mentioned earlier

could you also show me a link to get internet working. i use a wired
connection and as such i dont enter username and password, its plug and play
in windows, and neither do i know the id and pwd as i share it. i tried the
link for adding ethernet and so on. but i still cant get the internet
working on ubuntu

don

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:

> Donny George wrote:
> > well finally i do see my d drive in windows but wen i click on it , it
> > says its not formatted and asks me if i shud format it or not
> >
> > i am anxious now, did i loose my data
>
> I don't know if you lost your data. Just don't use any program to format
> the partition or write to it. Hopefully none of the programs you
> mentioned earlier in this thread have written anything to the partition
> and made it worse. Please boot Linux and check if you can mount the hda5
> partition now. Other than that, are you sure, it was an NTFS partition?
> Maybe it was FAT32?
>

> Nils

Donny George
Lugostraße 14,