aftermath of an ubuntu installation

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Mar 4 08:52:40 UTC 2008

Donny George wrote:
> well finally i do see my d drive in windows but wen i click on it , it
> says its not formatted and asks me if i shud format it or not
>
> i am anxious now, did i loose my data

I don't know if you lost your data. Just don't use any program to format
the partition or write to it. Hopefully none of the programs you
mentioned earlier in this thread have written anything to the partition
and made it worse. Please boot Linux and check if you can mount the hda5
partition now. Other than that, are you sure, it was an NTFS partition?
Maybe it was FAT32?

Nils