Ubu - need a visio reader

jack tdldev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 02:44:40 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 18:18 -0800, NoOp wrote:
> On 03/03/2008 05:51 PM, jack wrote:
> > I'm googling for this at the moment, but does anyone know of a visio
> > reader (.vsd file) that I can run on Ubuntu Gutsy ?
> >
> > Thanks for the help. I need to view a visio file like right away for
> > work...
> >
> > Jack
> >

> .vsd no, but .vsd yes: dia
>
> sudo apt-get install dia-gnome
Tried this already. Got - "Unknown file type"
I also found some info on OOo draw and tried it as well.
Gives a long list of filters to use, none of which is visio...

> Best bet is to have whoever made it export it to .dxf for you.
>
> However, if you have an old copy of visio you can install via Wine. I
> have an old 5.0 version working & if you need it converted send it to me
> and I'll see if my version can open it up. I'll then print it to a pdf
> and convert it to dxf & send it back to you.
My visio on my vm is hosed at the moment and i left the discs at work
so, this would help, but would prefer to send off-list... (scanned, of
course).