twin boot Inspiron 1520

chris lostpkts at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 19:11:38 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:59 AM, norman <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
> I am buying an Inspiron 1520 with Ubuntu 7.10 installed and I want to
> set it up with Win XP Pro and Ubuntu 8.04. I thought I would do this by
> first installing XP Pro, which I presume will remove the Ubuntu 7.10 and
> then to install Ubuntu 8.04 full version and not the upgrade.
>
> Could some kind person please let me know if what I propose is the best
> way to set up the twin boot condition.
>
> Norman

I have a 1520 dual booting without issue.  Its great.

I went one step further and made my ubuntu partition encrypted.  that
way if my laptop got stolen... no worries about the data.

I install windows first into a 50G partition.  Then followed this
guide to partition the rest and install.
http://users.piuha.net/martti/comp/ubuntu/en/cryptolvm.html