cannot mount ACOMDATA external USB drive

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Jun 28 11:24:06 UTC 2008

David Vincent wrote:

    Just a thought. I have a similar device that is a few months older
than yours but identical in function. What I might have done different
than you is I put the hard drive in the container and then with fdisk
and mkfs.ext3 I set it up through the USB plug.

    Now I just plug the thing in with the power on and it brings up a
panel that shows me what is on the hard drive. I kill that and with
rsync I do a incremental backup.

    Never had to mess with /etc/fstab.

Karl

--