help needed to enable boot.log in Hardy Heron

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Wed Jun 25 18:23:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Derek Broughton wrote:

             ..............snip................

> Sheesh.  Ctrl-S/Q is just the most basic TTY technology.  Look up any
> 30-year old teletype manual (that's why our consoles have names
> like /dev/tty*). But if you really need a citation, I said it here, last
> week.

Never had occasion to work with them before, hence the unfamiliarity.

             ...............snip................

> I get so tired of reading unique problems and hearing users claim that it
> makes Ubuntu useless for everybody.

I never claimed that.

>>> As a workaround to these circumstances, you may try:
>>>    Crtl-S/Q,
>>>    Crtl-Alt-F8, or
>>>    modify a bootscript to 'tee' output to a user-created file...
>>
>> Again, sources please. Thanks.
>
> Why?  Is there any way that these options can be destructive?  You're
> essentially refusing to take the advice you're given, and then complaining
> that the Ubuntu developers ignore our needs.  If you try what's been
> suggested and _still_ can't find the messages, then there's a problem, but
> I don't think you're looking hard enough.

1. Cool it. You re not tallking to Karl.
2. I'm not complaining. It was a comment.
3. What makes you think I'm refusing to take advice? Read my post again.
4. The reason I asked for sources is that being unfamiliar with TTYS
    technology, I was looking for some background information. I dislike
    trying things blindly without attempting to research them.

Farshteyn?

--
Bob Holtzman
  check the price of the beer"