Mounting a new drive

Steven Davies-Morris sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Tue Jun 24 23:25:10 UTC 2008

I have a Hitachi 320gb drive that was until an hour ago formatted as
NTFS. It was seen by Gnome and showed up on my desktop. After pulling
all its data off, I decided I wanted to reformat it so it would be a
"native" file format and no NTFS anymore. So far so good. But now I'm
stuck trying to edit /etc/fstab to get it to display. Is there an easy
GUI tool to help me do this, like the NTFS configuration tool? Failing
that, how do I create a mount point that /etc/fstab will like (I
presume on /media/)

The partition is /dev/sdd1. Reiser file system. Type-Linux (0x83).
Label=Hitachi300. UUID=27bb8f9b-38ab-4398-92c5-4fbc0dd970a1. I'll
provide more info if this isn't enough.
NP: nothing