Clonezilla/PXE

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at lightcubesolutions.com
Tue Jun 24 02:11:36 UTC 2008

On Jun 23, 2008, at 7:27 PM, Tony Yarusso wrote:
> I'm currently tasked with cloning a Windows system to 27 other
> machines.  The source machine is all set and ready to go, and the
> others are physically set up - I just need a multicasting cloning
> software to copy it over to them all.  I tried Symantec Ghost (v7.0
> and v7.5) already, and it was awful, so now am trying Clonezilla/DRBL.
> I've gotten the DRBL server installed and DHCP working, and want
> through the configuration for clonezilla-start.  However, when I boot
> a client using the PXE option, I get "no PXE file found" or something
> to that effect.  Has anyone used Clonezilla before and would be able
> to walk me through this, by e-mail or on IRC, sometime in the next day
> or two?

Hi Tony,

I've used Clonezilla quite extensively in a network with about 400
Windows clients. We usually would do about 30-34 machines at a time
when we cloned. In fact, I did much as you did and started out with
Ghost and moved from it to DRBL/Clonezilla because Ghost was so
horrible.

Anyway, I'd be happy to answer some questions and/or lend a hand. I'll
be available from about 9am - 5pm EDT.

Jeremy Huntwork
LightCube Solutions, LLC
site: http://www.lightcubesolutions.com