Firefox 3.0 aggravations

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 12:15:56 UTC 2008

2008/6/20 Robert Holtzman <holtzm at cox.net>:
> Back to the question:
> I'm just about to the point of wiping FF 3.0 and reinstalling FF 2. Aside
> from backing up the bookmarks file is there anything else?

The bookmarks are now kept in a database that Fx 2.x cannot import.
You can, however, save your bookmarks as an HTML file and Fx 2.x can
import that. You can use an extension to export your passwords. and
then reimport them in Fx 2.x

Don't try to run Firefox 2.x with the 3.x profile. Backup and restore
what you need, otherwise you will have a s_l_o_w and annoying Firefox.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.