Move to 8.04, Hardy Heron

Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com
Wed Jun 18 21:49:09 UTC 2008

> From: David Curtis
> Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com wrote:
> > I see an
> > install option, but not an upgrade option.  Or maybe I am
> seeing ( not
> > seeing ) things, so I will take another look tonight.  When
> selecting
> > the install option it does switch to text mode.  I thought
> there would
> > be a way to enter the following command; gksu "sh
> /cdrom/cdromupgrade"
>
> You need to be booted into your old install to run this.
> Don't boot from
> the cd. Put it in after you boot up.

David

DOH!  I did not get that from the instructions.  OK, I will give that a
try first on my test machine and will report back.  However, I do want
to see how Derek's suggestion works.

Many thanks.

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.