mail

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Jun 18 00:39:26 UTC 2008

Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> Hey Karl,
> Decided to take your advise as I don't care for
> anything as complicated as postfix to set up.  Did
> that before with list help and still don't know what
> got mutt to read root mail.  However, you said to
> install mailx and mailutil(s) which on my gutsy are
> conflicting. I can install either one but not both.
> Care to qualify your instructions.

On Hardy it took both. I am still fooling with mine and found that there
is no such thing as karl and root in /var/mail or /var/spool/karl but
after sending a message to karl it did make a place to save the mail.

There is still no /var/mail/root on this Harty so I have no idea where
root messages are stored.

Karl