WARNING:::: DO NOT UPDATE

Young tuxman at knology.net
Tue Jun 17 20:30:56 UTC 2008

Young wrote:
> This latest update is asking me a question I can't answer. I don't
> understand the implications.
>
> It has apparently already done the update, so there's no backing out, to
> give me time to research.
>

> The window is titled Debconf, the question is:
> What would you like to do with menu.lst.
>
> I know that menu.lst is used by Grub. I edited it to change the default
> to Windows, changed the pause time, and set it to update itself during
> upgrades. It worked during the last kernal upgrade. What's different
> about this one?
>
> What do the choices mean?

What I want is an updated menu.lst with the new version listed at the
top, the same way it's always worked before.

The question and choices:
What would you like to do with menu.lst.

install the package maintainer's version
keep the local version currently installed
show the differences between the versions
show a side-by-side difference between the versions
show a 3-way difference between available versions
do a 3-way merge between the available versions (experimental)
start a new shell to examine the situation