tomcat 5.5

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Jun 16 19:56:24 UTC 2008

Markus Schönhaber wrote:

> Derek Broughton wrote:
>
>> Markus Schönhaber wrote:

> That's where I, in fact, disagree. Very good reasons IYO. IMO you've not
> provided something, I'd call a reason, but rather stated  once your
> personal experience,

That's _expert_ experience thank you.  If we're going to discount personal,
long-term, experience on this list, we might as well all just give up.

> once what you do not know,

I don't have _recent_ experience, but I can only say that if that's the
attitude the tomcat users are taking now, it's gone way down hill]

> and once your personal preference.

No, again that's expert experience.  Installing tomcat from apt is trivial.
If I'd just been stating personal preference, I'd have said so.  It is
_fact_ that it's simpler to install Tomcat from apt.
--
derek