Writing to a USB Device

Mon Jun 16 09:24:25 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
>     Hi John, I know it depends on what the USB device is. I have an
> older hard drive in a cheap ($15) plastic holder that has a cable with a
> USB plug. When I plug that in I use df to tell me what the proper
> address is to reach it. The one I have gives this to df:
>
> /dev/sdf1             29565268  10706048  17357352  39% /media/disk
> which is a help. In Hardy it also opens a device that shows me what is
> in the hard drive :-)

And if it's not a hard drive? Which it clearly isn't (presuming, of
course, that when he said "the external device is a Lenz LVZ100 Model
Railway controller" he didn't actually mean "the device is a hard drive).
> So I think this is enough to do what I need....

My understanding, though, is that this is a thread asking how John can
do what he wants to do, not how he can do what you want to do.

--
Avi Greenbury