update manager error

Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com
Fri Jun 13 03:21:15 UTC 2008

> From: NoOp
> Ironically, I just experienced this very problem this morning after
> posting the above (mine was gxineplugin). I used the info in
> <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2007-January/1
04520.html>
> That worked for me. The command in
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/2591
> did not.

Gary,

Funny, I tried the second site; which looked like what you had.

Frode M. Døving suggested;

$ sudo echo -en '\n' >> /var/lib/dpkg/info/gxine.list

He then corrected himself, stating that it would not work, but this would;

$ echo -en '\n' | sudo tee -a /var/lib/dpkg/info/gxine.list

The first did not work until I changed the permissions on the file, then it worked.  And the updating process worked just fine.

Now, the question is, how is my mother supposed to do this?

Thanks again Gary!

Michael

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.