Karl Larsen's partitioning problem

Phil Sexton philsexton at skybest.com
Thu Jun 12 22:17:39 UTC 2008

Hi Karl,

To make sure you have enough room to install both Hardy and Gutsy, I
suggest you:

1. Use fdisk (or your favorite partitioning tool) to delete all of
your unused partitions, including the partitions you created for Hardy.
2. Then, create a partition for Hardy's /, at least 4GB but I prefer
10GB (for lots of software).
3. Write down the partitions, remembering to use your Gutsy swap and
/home partitions for the Hardy install
4. Boot the Hardy install and use the last option for partitioning
(I think it is called manual).
5. Edit the partitions you intend to use for Hardy, formatting / but
do not format /home and continue install
6. Reboot and update/upgrade, reboot again and enjoy!

Others, check over my directions and make sure I am correct as I
have to take drugs that interfere with my memory.

If I didn't have hard drives and RAM, I would have no memory at all!