How did this all started? (Re: Forget Hardy)

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Thu Jun 12 05:45:47 UTC 2008

Joel Bryan Juliano wrote:
> We are not born as rational beings, but emotional beings, so
> please if we answer to one another, try to be as human as possible,
> with empathy, "treat others as you would like to be treated."

    Yes.  Treat those from whom you seek answers with respect by not wasting
their time with the simply found answers, insulting them when they don't
answer the same and don't insult them when you go on a rampage.

    Or, on the flip side, when I ask questions I *do* my homework.  I *do* the
searches on the net.  I *describe* the problem in detail.  I not only give the
problem I am having but the end for which I am applying that process in case
there is some much simpler way to do it.  I expect it from others because I
expect it of myself.  I treat others as I would like to be treated.