How did this all started? (Re: Forget Hardy)

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 04:43:59 UTC 2008

That is why there's Ubuntu Paid Support right? because sometimes you
can't just rely on getting support from random individuals.

"Non-technical users are likely to have a problem of knowing exactly
what they need. Alot of users don't know anything about technical
details, and sometimes they are having a hard time putting up the
right questions together. Technical people in chat rooms or emails are
most likely to be impatient about non-technical users who asks
inappropriate questions. A non-technical user may be terrified of
getting answers from emails & chat rooms because of the fear of
inappropriate technical questions."

One thing I really experienced in technical mailing-lists, slashdots,
diggs and chat-rooms is that it's a room packed with smart ass hungry
wolves that "think they know it all-than you are", maybe they intend
to helping you but sometimes, things get out of hand and there's
temptations of personal attacks, sarcasm, offending messages,
degrading messages, rejections, etc., that is enough to turn anyone
down. We are not born as rational beings, but emotional beings, so
please if we answer to one another, try to be as human as possible,
with empathy, "treat others as you would like to be treated."