Flash (amd64) used to work, now doesn't

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 03:36:18 UTC 2008

Hi, I had flash up and running (cnn.com at least) not too long ago on
my new AMD64 box. I have flashplugin-nonfree and even though I just
reinstalled it a few moments ago it doesn't work anymore. I get time
out errors on the flash site (cnn.com) and a lot of error message
chatter on the controlling terminal that seems to be related to
nsplugin wrapper. I think (but not sure) that the latest firefox
update could have broken something.

Error output:

** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_New() invoke: Connection closed
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_New() invoke: Connection closed
** Message: GetValue variable 1 (1)
** Message: GetValue variable 2 (2)
** Message: GetValue variable 1 (1)
** Message: GetValue variable 2 (2)
** Message: GetValue variable 1 (1)
** Message: GetValue variable 2 (2)
** Message: GetValue variable 1 (1)
** Message: GetValue variable 2 (2)
** Message: GetValue variable 1 (1)
** Message: GetValue variable 2 (2)
** Message: GetValue variable 1 (1)
** Message: GetValue variable 2 (2)
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_New() invoke: Connection closed

These messages crop up a lot, even if no flash site is being looked at.