Forget Hardy

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Jun 11 14:10:54 UTC 2008

Res wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Clayton wrote:
>
>>> Why do "experts" need to insult and harangue newbies?
>>
>> Possibly because it gets frustrating to have to repeat the same answer
>
> Then, since this list is "Ubuntu user technical support", and you are
> saying the so called experts here are sick of helping people, then I
> guess Canonical can safely do away with this list, since if it's only
> going to be used to tell people to 'RTFM' or 'google it', it actually
> serves little or no purpose.

Then why are you here?  Obviously it does more than that.  Personally, I
restrict my insulting and haranguing to those who deserve it.  I don't
think I've ever told someone to RTFM, and if I say "google it", I give them
a search string - I fully understand that framing the question you want to
ask google is 95% of the problem.  But when I make three or more posts in
the same thread, trying to get a decent problem description from them, and
they obviously can't even be bothered to use "man" on the commands I
suggest, the OP might begin to expect some flaming...
--
derek