Howto recompile kernel package with a different Timer Frequency

Miano, Steven M. Steven.Miano at mybrighthouse.com
Tue Jun 10 14:24:16 UTC 2008

> > Michael Sotnikov wrote:

> >> This is the main difference.
> >
> > No, it isn't. I just compiled the 2.6.24-18-generic kernel on a fresh
> > install of 32-bit Hardy server following the steps in the wiki article
> > and it worked flawlessly.
>
> Hmm... Thank you for the information.
> This is a point to think what's wrong with my system...
> i have to try fully remove 4.3.0 gcc and check it again (i've tried with
> CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.2, before, but maybe it doesn't work with kernel)
>

> Good day!

I also recompiled a 2.6.24-18-server kernel last night (perfect for a source gaming server for it's FPS to go from 250 up to 800), the only thing that I changed was the HZ from 100 to 1000, seems to have worked flawlessly going off of the wiki hosted by Ubuntu. However if you do use that wiki be sure to rename the new kernel after you edit your config, otherwise when you attempt to use aptitude to update/upgrade it will try to update/upgrade your kernel.

Best of luck to you.

~Steve