semaphore rights issue while accessing Internet via normal user

Vinodkumar Nambiar nambiarz at lavabit.com
Tue Jun 10 12:39:36 UTC 2008

I am using a client to access my Broadband internet. When I try to startup the client in a normal user mode, I get an error..

main: semctl: permission denied

This happens when the client tries to check for a connection with the server.
When I login as a root, i dont face this problem. My internet works perfectly fine as a root user. Looks to me a right issue when trying to acess Semaphores from anormal user. Can you guys help me with this.