ODD GTK+ problem

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Jun 7 20:46:28 UTC 2008

    The backup comes clear up, almost but then a white panel appears in
the center of the screen and says:

       Your session only lasted less than 10 seconds. You have an
Intallation problem.

     I looked at the error things and they say:

.xsession-errors file

process:5394 GTK-WARNING++: This process is currently running. This is
not a supported use of GTK+. You must create a helper program. For
further details, see
http://www.gtk.org/setuid.html

Also says:
    Refusing to initilize GTK+ /etc/gdm/xsession: Beginning session
setup ... mkdtemp:private socket dir: Permission denied.

This is a lot of stuff I have zero knowledge of. I didn't know my system
used GTK+ and why is it not working on my backup?

Backups are a pain!

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI