Removing Vista in Favour of Ubuntu

Michael Sotnikov astar at tut.by
Fri Jun 6 05:30:03 UTC 2008

Sam Albers:
> Hi there. After fruitless searching over the interweb I am turning here.
> I am going to install Ubuntu but I would also like to remove Vista. Can
> anyone suggest the best way of going about this? I understand how to
> install Ubuntu but I can't seem to figure out how to remove Vista. I
> have a new laptop so it actually contains very few files so wiping the
> system clean is definitely an option. Should I install Ubuntu before or
> after I wipe the Vista out of my life? Any links or advice would be much
> appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Sam
>
> "Last November, an Iowa voter asked if he, unlike Bill Clinton
> <http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/c/bill_clinton/index.html?inline=nyt-per>,
> had inhaled. Mr. Obama looked puzzled. 'I never understood that line,'
> he said. 'The point was to inhale.'"

During ubuntu installation you can fully rewrite partition tables. As
result vista'll gone.
But I recommend you
- make vista recovery disks (if anyday something go wrong)
- do not delete vista. Yep! I recommend it. just leave it very small
size on your hard drive. Cause If you decide to update firmware, for
example - you will need vista. And on other hands - there is no
guarantee that everything on ubuntu will be great with your hardware
(for example, on my laptop before firmware update - cpu dynamic
frequency didn't work)

Good luck!