Web page took over Firefox

PleegWat pleegwat at telfort.nl
Thu Jun 5 16:26:14 UTC 2008

Kipton Moravec wrote:
> Made a mistake and hit a link I should not have. It was the first one on
> a google search.

<snip>

> I either have to find the process and kill it or reboot.
>
> Is there a GUI way to stop it? I have 8.04 LTS.
>
> Kip

System >> Administration >> System monitor, select firefox on the list,
and hit end process. If that doesn't work, right click on firefox in the
list and select kill process.

Oh, and in cases like this it's generally not a good idea to paste in
the link, especially in a way that people can click on it.

PleegWat