Problems w/ Kernels on Hardy

chris lostpkts at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 15:05:20 UTC 2008

Marius,

thank you so very much for the commands below.  They worked like a charm.

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 6:06 AM, Marius Gedminas <marius at pov.lt> wrote:
> At the moment when you're seeing this, do you still have
> linux-image-2.6.24-16-generic (and -17-generic) installed?  From the
> error messages it would seem that you don't, but apt shouldn't have
> allowed that to happen.

No... they are no longer installed.  I needed to free up space on my
/boot to get -18 installed so I had removed -16.  Then -18 installed
fine.  But then I figured I didn't need -17 so removed it as well..
and then these errors cropped up.

I'll head over to launchpad and enter something.  I wasn't exaclty
sure if I hit a bug or if it was self induced due to me being stupid.

I'm trying to recreate on a vm but having no luck so I'm leaning more
towards I was being stupid and I'm not remembering something I've
done.