Fwd: Install/Remove programs

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 19:57:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:48 PM, Dave Rogers <derogers at rogers.com> wrote:
> The program appears to have installed.  However, when I click on it to run
> it, it does not start.  There is a message in the bottom status bar
> "Starting Partion..." but it goes away after a few seconds and nothing
> happens.  I am wondering if I should attempt to reinstall the entire OS.

Well,  a complete reinstall would likely fix the problem - but that's
cheating :-)

What happens if you type gksu gparted?   Does that work?
If not, does sudo gparted work?
If either of the above works, try gnome-app-install (e.g. gksu
gnome-app-install or sudo gnome-app-install)

It seems like you aren't getting bumped to admin rights when you need them...

Brian