Edgy down?

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Jun 4 15:42:39 UTC 2008

Stuart Lesnett wrote:
> Rubin your heart maybe in right place but that does not make the newer
> releases any more stable.  Ubuntu has a habit of changing things without
> notify it users.  Some examples are: Pixart has disappeared and the
> replace a module doesn't work with all the software and cameras, another
> example is the last update xsane has stopped my all-in-one printer
> (CX5200) from scanning color only gray scale which has worked from the
> beginning, etc..  Trying to keep up isn't always the best way to go, my
> server is still on 5.05 and I have no problems with this issue.
>
> Loose the attitude.
>
> Stu
>
> On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 15:22 +0200, Ruben Laban wrote:
>

>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

    Sorry about Edgy no longer having updates but I am VERY HAPPY with
Gutsey and have no desire to change. That the same fate awaits those of
us using Gutsey is not in my view a bad thing. Once the system is
working great and backed up properly you should not need any updates.

    I recall back several years when we watched for new kernel versions
and compiled them for our system and had fun. But a wise person said "do
not upgrade your kernel unless it gives you a desired capability". I
stopped doing it and was happy.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI