please help with tv card bt878 audio problem, desperate

Brendan Strunk bwstrunk at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 03:05:09 UTC 2008

Try reinstalling the app > Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 20:58:14 -0500> From: kc9aae at att.net> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Subject: Re: please help with tv card bt878 audio problem, desperate> > Jody Gugelhupf wrote:> > hi there ppl :)> > i got a analogue wintv go with fm card (i think). It has radio for sure, 1x composite-in, audio> > out, and an IR. I run ubuntu hardy 64bit system. tvtime xawtv etc work without a problem, only i> > can't adjust the volume from within the applications. I have atm the line out of my tv card> > connected to the line-in of my soundcard. That's how i get my audio from my tv card. In my old> > computer however, with the same tv card and ubuntu feisty i got it working to get the audio from> > the tvcard itself and not using the line-in of my soundcard, but i have no idea how i got that> > working, i only know it took me while. Can someone help me with that please? :) here is some info> > about my system:> <snip>> > I have the exact same card without the radio. Mine works fine, except I > use the line in on my sound card. (have no idea how you even got audio > out of the card without this)> > What I had to do is create a file in /etc/modprobe.d and called it bttv > with the following:> > options bttv card=10 tuner=27> > Look at the bttv howto to get the options for the radio part.> Hope this helps some.> > Dana> > > -- > ubuntu-users mailing list> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users